Behaviour Change Skills:
Good communication skills are essential for eliciting influencing health behaviour change and play an important role in all areas of healthcare. These skills apply whether you have conversations with patients, relatives, and carers, colleagues as well as in group situations. They will also be very useful in meetings, such as strategic or multi-disciplinary meetings. This skills based course will support all your communication needs. As a result, the care you give to your patients will ultimately improve.
The Behaviour Change Skills: Patient-Centred Communication course will introduce you to patient-centred communication skills. It aims to enhance your current practice and provide you with a foundation for more advanced behaviour change skills courses.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Observe and accurately label skills within a well-defined model
- Describe how patient centred communication skills can be used in an appropriate way
- Explain how good communication skills can influence everyday practice from both practitioner and patient experience and thereby improve outcomes
- Refer to the evidence that underpins the use of these skills
- Plan next steps to implement the skills learnt in practice
This course will take you between 2 and 2.5 hours to complete. It is divided into 6 short topics:
- Patient experience
- First contact skills
- Paraphrasing & questions
- Reflecting feelings
- Use of summaries
- Providing information effectively
You will learn through audio and video, interactive e-learning units and presentations, a quiz and reflective exercises. You will be able to download the course content as PDFs.
You are encouraged to reflect on the learning and apply it to your practice settings. Such approach enables deeper and more practical learning. You are required to take only one quiz at the end of this course.
This course is for you if you are interested in advancing your patient-centred communication skills and influencing health behaviour change.
There are no entry requirements for this course. You can enrol on it instantly here:
This course is only £49. You can enrol on it instantly here:
If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact us.