180 Academic Credits
January, April, September
The Master’s degree qualification is for students who have succesfully completed the PGCert and PGDip qualifications, and who would like to take their education in obesity care an management further. In order to complete the MSc you must complete the 60 academic credit Research Dissertation module.
When you have completed the Postgraduate Diploma, you have the option to undertake a dissertation module with the University of Central Lancashire School of Medicine, in order to receive an MSc in Lifestyle Medicine.
* Subject to validation
- To enable students to identify a topic area for original enquiry in a chosen area of professional practice.
- To provide students with the necessary research skills to undertake a research/work-based project or systematic review.
- To support students in the practical and ethical aspects of undergoing a research/work-based project or systematic review.
- To enable students to take responsibility for their own learning through self-directed study and supervised dissertation preparation based on critical awareness and self-evaluation.
The Dissertation module begins with a learning component which covers research methodology and the research skills needed to plan and undertake your research project. For the remainder of the module, you will carry out your research and write up your dissertation under the supervision of your allocated dissertation supervisor.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant health or social care, or biomedical discipline, or evidence of equivalent health and/or social care experience which equates to Level 6 abilities eg working as a senior nurse/midwife or healthcare practitioner in a leadership or management role which requires evidence of critical analysis and evaluation.
- You should be working in a relevant area and have a minimum of one year experience.
- Proficiency in the English Language (equivalent of IELTS Level 7, min 6.5 in all components).
The module fee can be paid in instalments. Please contact the Admissions Team on +44 (0)20 3773 4895 for more details.
If you are ready, click the Apply Now button below to apply for your first module.
Fill out the application form. If you need any help, please call +44(0)20 3773 4895.
We will review your application within 5 working days. At this stage, we may ask for additional documents.
3. Tuition Fees
If your application is successful, you need to make an initial payment of your tuition fees (please see above for more information).
Get access to CCH, complete the 5 hour Introduction to Academic Online Learning course, and start your studies.