20 Academic Credits
60 Academic Credits
January, April, September
This course is based on the latest research on obesity and weight management
* Subject to validation
- Equip graduates with the knowledge skills and attributes to enable them to deliver individualised, effective, and evidence-based care and management plans to individuals with obesity.
- Develop a reflective, enquiring, critical and innovative approach to professional practice.
- Foster a commitment to excellence in providing for those requiring obesity care and management through ensuring an analytical approach that is based on best available practice.
- Enhance digital literacy skills for both academic and clinical practice.
The PGCert consists of three modules, studied sequentially. Each module earns 20 credits and represents 200 hours of study over a period of 12 weeks. The three modules are:
- Obesity: Causes & Consequences
- Obesity: The Solutions?
- Obesity: Towards a Precision Approach
The modules have been designed to encourage interprofessional and interdisciplinary discussions and sharing of best practice, as required in government and professional body documents on the educational needs in this area.
- Students learn through a number of modalities:
– engaging in critical reflective practice on case studies and course material that is recorded in their Student Log;
- Discussion Forums;
– critiquing articles and web based sources of information;
– quizzes to assess knowledge and understanding of key papers;
– and research-based assignments.
Assessment tasks can be formative – feedback provided but no mark awarded – or summative – feedback provided and a mark awarded. The marks awarded for the summative assessments determine the overall grade for the module.
“From the course so far I developed my professional practice by gaining a better understanding of the causes and consequences of obesity and looking at behavioural aspects around obesity, so I am able to relate more to my clients and provide them with more information to support an individual who is going through a weight loss journey.”
The PGCert is made up of 3 core modules:
Frequently Asked Questions
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant health or social care, or biomedical discipline or evidence of equivalent health and/or social care experience which equates to Level 6 abilities eg working as a senior nurse/midwife or healthcare practitioner in a leadership or management role which requires evidence of critical analysis and evaluation.
- Students should be working in a relevant area and have a minimum of one year experience.
- Proficiency in the English Language (equivalent of IELTS Level 7, min 6.5 in all components).
The module fee can be paid in instalments. Please contact the Admissions Team on +44 (0)20 3773 4895 for more details.
If you are ready, click the Apply Now button below to apply for your first module.
Fill out the application form. If you need any help, please call +44(0)20 3773 4895.
We will review your application within 10 working days. At this stage, we may ask for additional documents.
3. Tuition Fees
If your application is successful, you need to make an initial payment of your tuition fees (please see above for more information).
Get access to CCH, complete the 5 hour Introduction to Academic Online Learning course, and start your studies.