CCH are Experts in
Training for Obesity Care
More than 2,000 students have completed at least one of our courses.
CCH is committed to the enhancement of obesity care not just through education and training, but also through contributions to the scientific and medical literature and collaboration with other obesity care stakeholders, helping to advance obesity knowledge and skills across all medical and health professions in the UK and beyond.
- Includes the 3 modules from the PGCert qualification.
- 3 further modules, each taking 200 hours over 12 weeks
- Study specific areas of obesity care in greater depth
- Learnt through bespoke online platform with the support of a professional tutor.
- Includes the 6 modules from the PGCert and PGDip qualifications.
- A further dissertation module will complete the qualification.
- Will learn skills to undertake a research/work-based project or systematic review.
- Delivered by the University of Central Lancashire.
Postgraduate Course Structure
CPD Courses in Obesity
- 6 hours delivered through our online platform.
- Designed specifically for healthcare professionals to give the best advice, care and support to overweight and obese children and their families.
- Childhood nutrition, psychology and physical activity are key factors throughout the course.
⋆ Overview of Topic Area ⋆
The World Health Organisation recognises obesity as one of the greatest global public health challenges of the 21st century. It is vital we tackle the obesity crisis due to its impact on:
- Quality of life
- The resultant crippling financial costs to health services
Benefits of studying topic area
Many of our courses carry CPD points which recognise the contribution they make to ongoing professional development.
Enhance your understanding of this complex and largely neglected area of healthcare
Enhance your knowledge
Develop your skills
Enable you to meet the needs of patients with obesity with a patient-centred, compassionate approach
Careers & Employability
At CCH we hope, and believe, that the demand for health professionals with a special interest in obesity will increase greatly over the coming years, and our graduates will be very well placed to fill these roles.